Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Gratitude Project 2011 - Day 3

Today, I am thankful for my dear sweet new friend, Marci! She and I met up within this last year and started to really get to know each other, and I just LOVE HER!! I think she and I are like soul sisters, and we must have just been separated at birth or something. OK, except for the fact that I am 4'10" and she is like 5'10"! Yeah, we look pretty crazy together, but WHO CARES?!

So besides the fact that I am very thankful for her dear friendship, I am today especially thankful for her sharing spirit! A week or so ago, Marci shared some of her sourdough bread starter and recipe with me. YUMM-O! So I have been busy this morning making up a batch of sourdough bread for the weekend!

This recipe takes a LONG time, because sourdough takes longer to rise than regular yeast bread. So I mixed it up yesterday morning, put it in the pans last night to rise overnight, re-punched them down and re-divided them this morning because they overflowed the bread pans (yeah, it looked like lava coming out of a volcano!), let them re-rise (wasn't supposed to have to re-do all of that!!), and popped them in the oven. As they were baking, I was thinking a very kind thought about Marci!

This weekend, we will be heading out of town, and I plan to slice all these loaves and take them with us. I pulled out three lovely loaves from the oven, two regular sized and one about half that size, and they will make wonderful sandwiches for my family. (No, I'm not planning to eat any - darn it! - because they are loaded with gluten, and I, quite frankly, have enjoyed NOT having a stomach ache this week because of staying away from gluten! But I will be drooling as I watch the rest of them devour that bread!) I'm planning to take one loaf to share with a friend who we will be meeting up with, as well.

So today, I am very, very thankful for the friend that God put in my life at just the right time! Marci is just so much FUN, and I could hang out with her traveling in an RV all over the country side and never look back! Go check out Marci's blog to see how much fun she and her family have together, and you'll see some of the reasons why I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess