Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Gratitude Project 2011 - Day 22

Today, I am very thankful for my chiropractor and the ladies that work with him! I went to see those lovely people today, and I was reminded how great they are!

About two months ago, I started going to see him. After eleven years of carrying four kids on the same hip, my back and hips were pretty out of whack. I wasn't sure where to go, but a friend recommended this guy. I knew nothing about him, but I decided to give him a shot. I was so glad that I did!

After going for a few months, I am feeling tremendously better! Not completely better, because, after all, I do still have four kids that I run after and a baby that I still hold, so I end up with tension in my neck and a sore back. But overall, I am feeling so much better.

I am thankful for how kind he is, how he doesn't rush me in and out, and how he genuinely wants to help me feel better. I am thankful for the sweet ladies that work in his office. I don't know that I have ever dealt with such great people in an office. And I am especially thankful for Barbara, my massage therapist, who has taken GREAT care of me for the last few months. I have seen her every week for a massage, and honestly, I am not sure what I am going to do without her when the Dr. decides I am better and don't need to come anymore. But I'm not thinking about that right now!

Today, I took them all some of my yummy homemade bread - one for each of them - to go with their Thanksgiving meal and to say "thank you" for all they have done to help me during my treatment. I wanted to show them in a real, tangible way how much I appreciate them.

What are you thankful for today? How are you SHOWING your thankfulness in an outward way?

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess