Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Gratitude Project 2011 - Day 23

The kids and I spent the whole day cleaning and getting things ready for the big day tomorrow. By the time supper time rolled around, I was starved! But tonight, Brient was cooking!! YAY!

A few days ago, Brient decided he'd like to try his hand at making supper for awhile. So I turned that job over to him, and he has been doing a great job for the last few nights. I am so thankful that he decided he'd like to help out in that area for awhile. Quite frankly, it is mentally exhausting trying to decide everything for everybody every day - including what we will eat for every meal. So the fact that he has taken that burden off of me is a blessing. We have eaten earlier each night and had some great dinners. It has left my evening free to finish up anything in the house that needs tending to. Last night, I painted the living room while he cooked! And we've both been able to sit back and relax each evening after supper, instead of me being in the kitchen cooking AND cleaning up all night. I'm thankful for him helping out, and I'm thankful that I had sense enough to LET HIM!

Tomorrow is the big day! I am thankful for all the people who will be coming to my house to share Thanksgiving with us, for the great food we will be eating, and the great fun we will all have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess