Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Gratitude Project 2011 - Day 12

Our homeschool group hosts an annual Thanksgiving feast and fun day at our local park, and it is open to any members of the group who wish to come. During the feast, we have a great spread of food brought by all attending, and there are all sorts of games for the kids to participate in. And this year, there was even a homeschool family who brought their instruments and played some great music during the feast! This was our first year to attend. Yep. I've been a member of this group for about 7 years now, and this is the first one of these shindigs I've ever been to. And it was so FUN!

Our daddy person even got to come with us, which made it even more fun. He and I took turns keeping an eye on Baby Girl, because, as soon as you blink she is GONE!! So we each had some time to visit with other homeschooling moms and dads, while the kids had a ton of fun playing with all their friends.

Today, I am thankful for a homeschool community that meets regularly to enjoy some good fellowship with one another. I am thankful for like-minded people who understand where I'm coming from. I am thankful for people I can talk with and they can empathize with me. And I am thankful for people who understand my reasoning for homeschooling without looking at me like I'm a complete crazy person for not shipping my kids off to public school like everyone else.

I am thankful that God provides the friends that we need at exactly the right time.

And I was equally thankful that God provided such an amazing day for going to the park. The weather was perfect. Not too cold and not too hot. The wind blew some, but not so much that it was unbearable. And the beauty all around was just amazing. The trees had all turned a gorgeous shade of orange, yellow, and red. I just LOVE the colors of fall!! Thank you, God, for a gorgeous day!

1 comment:

  1. I loved looking at the pictures someone had posted on Facebook. It made me miss my CHA friends so much!!! I'm glad y'all had a great day!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess