Friday, November 11, 2011

The Gratitude Project 2011 - Day 11

Today is November 11, 2011 - 11/11/11. How cool is that?! It also happens to be a national holiday. Today is Veteran's Day. This is the day when we honor all men and women who have served in our country's military, either currently or in the past. Without these people defending our freedom, our country would not be where we are today.

I have three people specifically for whom I am very grateful. First, I am thankful for my granddaddy, Floyd Kelley. Second, I am thankful for my other granddaddy, Glen Felkel. Both served their country proudly, and I adore them both! And third, I am thankful for my late brother-in-law, Wade Neeley II, who passed away due to effects of serving his country during the Gulf War. These men are all heroes in my book, and I love them all!

So on this Veteran's Day 2011, I am very thankful for the people who keep my country free, so that I am able to live my life however I may choose, and I may serve my God however I wish. A BIG THANK YOU to all the veterans, both past and present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess