Friday, November 12, 2010

My God is Bigger Than...

Recently, I was talking with a friend of mine who was telling me about a money issue she was having. To be specific, she was telling me the cost of putting braces on her son when they have no dental insurance. He is going to need oral surgery, too, which is going to cost quite a pretty penny.

I was telling her how I completely understood, because, when I was just out of high school, I had the same TWO things done - oral surgery and then braces. She told me she didn't care about all the facts, because she was praying that God would just take care of that whole situation, and then she wouldn't have to pay for it anyway. Either God would take care of his mouth, or God would provide the money.

You have to understand my friend, Myka. She smiles ALL THE TIME, and she is just so stinkin' funny to listen to as she talks. I was nearly rolling as she was telling me this money issue, all while she kept a smile and was laughing.

At one point, she raised her voice and said, "I'm gonna show my giant just how BIG MY GOD IS!" She and I both started laughing together, mainly because she was SO FUNNY the way she told it.

But in the last few weeks since she said that, I haven't stopped thinking about her words - I'm gonna show my giant just how big my God is. There is so much TRUTH in those few words.

In everyone's life, there are guaranteed giants. There WILL be problems that you will face, and they will be HUGE. But we have a God, a BIG GOD, who is there at our side. He is THE ONE to turn to when our giants come at us. I am so thankful that MY GOD is BIGGER than ALL my giants!

So thinking about all the giants you are facing in your life today - job loss, sickness, a death, depression, money, or whatever - fill in this sentence, "My God is bigger than..."

He really IS bigger than ALL our giants. Thank you, Jesus, for that truth and that promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess