Monday, November 15, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 15

This morning, I woke up to the sound of a light rain falling outside my living room window. I woke up early, and everyone else was still in bed asleep. So I laid on the couch, closed my eyes, and just listened to the sound. It was so peaceful, I fell back asleep. But it was such a light sleep, I could still hear the rain drip, drip, dripping off of the house and into my herb garden.

I am so thankful that God sends the rains at just the time when we need it most. Just when my garden is looking very parched and cracked, God sends the water from Heaven to soak into the ground and bring life to everything it touches. My garden bursts forth with color and fruit. 

Sometimes, that is how our lives seem to be. The "things" in life just keep coming, and we just seem to get drier and drier, and we think we can't go on much longer in this drought. But then, at just the right time, God sends a refreshing rain to soak into our souls and bring life back to our spirits. That refreshing rain may come through a word you read in your Bible, it may be something said by the preacher or other minister, or it could even come through a song.

One of my favorite verses in the Bible is found in Romans 8:28. It says, "And we know that, in ALL THINGS, God works together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." What that says to me is that, no matter how badly I screw things up, He can and WILL still turn it around for good! Thank you, Jesus! My other favorite verse is found in Jeremiah 29:11 - "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. 'Plans to prosper you, and not to harm you. Plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE.'" WOW! Those are 2 verses that really refresh my spirit!


There are many songs that bring life back to my soul - songs reminding me of God's promises, His love, and His constant presence in my life. This is one of my favorites!





I am so thankful today that God sends the rains, both the literal and the spiritual, at just the right time.Thank you, Jesus, for Your rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess