Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 18

For the last 18 days, I have been taking part in The Gratitude Project, a challenge put out by my friend and pastor, Ray, to be intentionally grateful for the 25 days leading up to Thanksgiving. If you are new to my blog, be sure to check out all the details of The Gratitude Project in my first post of the challenge.

The kids and I spent the day at home. It was the first day in a LONG time that I have simply relaxed. I sent the kids to do a little school work from their 4H books, but other than that, we took some time off from our regular schooling.

I spent some time sitting down and talking with my honey. We brought in my new table that we bought last weekend at a garage sale. He had it out in the shop refinishing it, and it is BEAUTIFUL! I'll post pictures of it after I have a chance to take one!

I did a minimal amount of housework with the kids help. I enjoyed THREE cups of yummy scrummy hummy hot cocoa.

I finally finished the article I have been working on for the last few months, and sent it in to be considered for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.

And we rounded out the day by having Brient's parents over for deer burgers (a vegan one for me!), corn on the cob, and chips with Brient's homemade salsa.

The kids watched A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. And I'm sitting in the bathroom blogging right now, while the 2 little girls are playing in a bubble bath.

It has been a wonderfully slow and relaxing day. I am just not sure how it could have been much better. I am very blessed, and VERY thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess