Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 3

Today, I am remembering how very thankful I am that God has blessed me with my oldest daughter, Britches. I remember the day she was born. We were so excited, and had absolutely no idea how little we knew - until we brought her home. We realized very quickly that raising kids is hard work. But I am so thankful that God chose Brient and I to be the ones with the privilege of caring for this beautiful girl.

She has always been the sweetest person, even from the time she was very small. She has a laid back spirit about her that is easy to love and to like. Britches is a great big sister, and she is the best help to me. I couldn't ask for a better helper with the little ones. She is always right there to take care of them, and they love her for that.

She has a fun personality, but she is very shy and doesn't like having attention drawn to herself. She is very humble. She's very quiet, too. Reading is one of her favorite pastimes, and I often find her curled up on the couch for half the day engrossed in a good book.

I am thankful that she loves God, and she wants to learn better how to serve Him. I pray that she will follow Him all the days of her life.

"Hannah, I absolutely love you for who you are and who you are becoming. I can't imagine my life without you in it!"

2 comments:

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess