Monday, November 8, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 8

Later this morning, I am going to start cutting out all the templates for our next lapbook unit. I am very excited about that. So today, I am reminded how thankful I am that I have the chance to homeschool my children every day.

When I tell people that I homeschool, most of the time I get crazy looks and the question "Why?" There are many reasons why I do what I do, but the main reason is that God has asked me to do this. That's all that matters, and that's my biggest and most important reason for homeschooling my kids.

I am thankful that I am able to be home with them each day, and watch them as they grow. Time goes by so quickly, and I don't want to miss anything!

I am so very thankful that God has blessed Brient with a good job, so that I don't have to work and am able to stay home with the kids. We certainly don't make as much as a family with 2 working people, and we do have to make choices and sacrifices. But God has provided for everything we NEED through Brient's job.

Since it is God who asked me to teach my kids, I take this very seriously. One day, when I stand before Him, I want to be able to tell Him that I have done the best I could with the gifts He entrusted to me. This is too serious to care what others will think or say.

I am thankful that our family is supportive of our decision to homeschool. It can be very hard when you have no one backing you, but it can be really great when you know others are in your corner standing behind you.

Homeschooling is not all roses, and there really are days that are just plain HARD! There are days that I really need grandma to come and take the kids for awhile, so I can regroup. But there is no way I would do it any differently. I love being home with my kids, and I am so thankful today that I have the opportunity to homeschool them.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your comment about how thankful that you are that you have grandma to come over when you need a little break! It's hard not having family anywhere close to help out! That's something I REALLY miss!!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess