Wednesday, November 24, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 24

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Our house, for the past three days, has been non-stop cleaning, cooking, or decorating for the big day. (When I say "decorating," I really mean letting Little Sister do some turkey crafts and color sheets to hang on the wall!) I'm sure for most of you, things have been pretty much the same at your house. My kids are so excited about having family over tomorrow to celebrate and give thanks for all that God Almighty has blessed us with so abundantly. And I must say, I am pretty excited myself.

Today, I am thankful for peace within my spirit. The last few years have been full of worry and anxious thoughts, both of which I know are not of God. But all throughout this day, as we were making crafts and talking about what we were thankful for, I just felt God's peace all around me, like He was wrapping His big arms around me and holding on tight. It is a peace unlike any I have ever felt. God helped me to realize today that, no matter where He leads us, He is always there and nothing is too hard for Him.

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT)

Today, for the first time in a LONG time, I didn't worry about anything. I have been praying, but I have still been worrying. But not today! And, oh, to experience God's peace in such a way. It truly did exceed anything I could understand. I know it could only come from God. And I am so thankful for His peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess