Monday, November 22, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 22

Today, the kids and I spent a few hours cleaning the school room. Oh my goodness, I did not realize just how bad it was! And unfortunately, I can't blame all of it on the two year old this time. It was a combined effort of all six of us that got that room in the terrible shape it was in.

But today, we buckled down and went to work on that disaster area. And I am proud to say, you can see the floor again!

Thursday, for Thanksgiving, we will have my family and Brient's family over to eat lunch. Also, we have invited a friend from church who may join us. I am so excited that we will have Thanksgiving at our house this year. Usually for holidays, we spend the day running from one house to the next trying to see each of our loved ones, and by the end of the day, we're so worn out it isn't even funny. And generally, we end up with a really fussy baby on our hands, because she missed her nap with all the running. So this year, we will be home where the baby will have her bed, so she can take her nap whenever she is ready. And we can continue visiting with everyone without rushing. I am really excited about that!

So this year, I am thankful to be staying put on Thanksgiving day. I am thankful that my kids pitched in to help clean up the school room (and they'll help me hit the rest of the house tomorrow), so we can have people over and they can actually come in without tripping over baby toys. And I am thankful for a house where we can have friends and family over for fellowship and good food. I am thankful...

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess