Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Gratitude Project - Day 11

I woke up this morning to a quiet house. All the kids, plus Brient, were still in bed. So I snuck down the hall and headed to the kitchen. I made myself a lovely cup of Earl Grey tea, and then went back to the living room to find my Bible. In the quiet moments of the morning, I was able to sip my tea and read from God's Word. That is sometimes a rare thing around here, with four little ones always needing something from mama.

So this morning, I am thankful for the opportunity to be alone for a few minutes and soak up some of God's Word for this day.

My favorite book of the Bible is the book of James. I don't know exactly why, but I find myself coming back to that one book often. It is FULL of great truths and instruction, and every time I read it, I either find something I didn't notice before, or realize there is something I haven't succeeded at doing yet. So I keep reading it, and I keep trying to "get" what James is saying.

Go check out the book of James for yourself today. You will be amazed at what he has to say, and you will be challenged in your walk with Christ.

~ The Book of James

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess