Monday, November 12, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Days 10, 11, and 12

This weekend was crazy busy getting ready for ministry on Sunday morning. I was juggling more things than my mind could even remember. I was glad I had the good sense God gave me to WRITE ALL OF IT DOWN! If I hadn't kept a list to check off as I finished each thing, I never would have gotten it all done. So, needless to say, blogging was not on my list of "to-do's". So where did we leave off? Ahh, yes - days 10 and 11, and today.

Saturday, I spent the whole day non-stop moving. I was getting ready for Baby Girl's fourth birthday party with her two sets of grandparents, and her best friend, Little Sister. I am thrilled beyond words that she thinks of Little Sister as her best friend! And they really ARE! I was also cleaning house for said birthday party, which is a never ending event around here. (Probably why I hate it so much! IT NEVER ENDS!) And I also kept moving on getting my things ready for church. I stayed moving from morning until my head hit the pillow. But in the midst of all that going and going and going, I was still thinking of how thankful I am. I was thankful God granted me the ENERGY to do all of those things non-stop.

For many months now, I have had some physical issues that have caused me to be completely run down. And I don't just mean a little tired here and there. I mean like I can hardly pull myself out of the bed I am so exhausted! Add that to my never ending gut issues, and I have just been good for nothing on some days. Nearly every afternoon, you will find me curled up in the recliner or on my couch, because, if I don't catch at least a short nap, I just can't function for the rest of the day - literally. And some days, I have had to take two naps. I totally don't have time for this, but I have finally given in to it and realized that, if I didn't rest, I really would be no good for anything! So Saturday, when I was completely full of energy, and when I was able to keep going and getting things done that I haven't had the energy to do, I was very thankful! God filled me with HIS strength to accomplish the things He set before me, and I was so thankful for that!

And Sunday, I had many, many things for which to be thankful. Church, of course. I love what I do, and I love the new church God has called us to serve. Every Sunday I am reminded how thankful I am that God chose ME to join in his work. I was thankful for that check-off list that I had made the day before that kept me going through the morning! I was thankful for a new team member who stepped into the children's room (I am pretty sure for the first time) to help me out with a quick skit! As I talked to all my workers, I was reminded how VERY THANKFUL for each of them I am, because, without them, I couldn't do what I do! And I was thankful for a date to town with my hubby after church to go to Lowe's and buy paint. Next Saturday, we will be joining forces with several of our volunteers and giving our children's and toddler room an updated look. Thankful for paint and the date with Brient!

Today begins our last week of homeschooling before we take a Thanksgiving break. I was VERY thankful for that fact! And I'm thankful for each of my kids who I get to stay home with and enjoy each day. I'm so thankful God allows me that privilege. I'm thankful for all three of my sweet girls and my very sweet boy. God knew Brient and I needed each one of them.

So I think that catches me up. Are you participating in The Gratitude Project? Share with me some things for which you are thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess