Friday, November 9, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 9

Today, I am thankful for time with my family. I love the fact that, nearly every night, we sit down together at supper and share some laughs over our meal. And tonight after supper, we all piled up in the living room together to watch "Herbie Rides Again" as our family movie.

I love seeing my son and Little Sister snuggled up close to each other while they watched. Not everyone can say that their kids actually LIKE being together, much less snuggling during a movie. But all four of my kids love being together and loving on each other, and that makes me so happy. That is a direct result of our homeschooling and the fact that they have to be together a lot and are REQUIRED to learn to work together and get along. The fruit of that - they love being together.

And I got to snuggle up next to my hubby in the recliner, which is always one of my favorite things to do. I am very thankful for that time.

Time with my family is a really special thing to me. My husband works all over the place and isn't always home in the evenings. When he's on call, he often works the weekend. So when we have time together as a family, I am always very aware of what a gift that time is. And I am seriously thankful for that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess