Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 3

First, I would just like to say that these are NOT in order of importance, except for day 1! This year, I am just going with what I am thankful for each day, and not trying to simply go through my list according to the people or things most important to me. Today was our annual Thanksgiving Fall Fun Day for our local homeschool group. This is only the second year our family has gone, but it has been lots of fun! Our group met at the park for a meal together and some fun games and fellowship. As I drove into the park, I was met with rows of the most beautifully colored fall trees, and I was reminded of my thankfulness of God's colors all around me. He could have chosen to make the world blank and boring, but instead, He chose to use the brightest, most beautiful colors for all of his creation. I LOVE COLOR!! When we walked up to the group, my kids and I were met with some of the greatest friends we could ask for. There are mom's who are in the same "boat" as me, and it is so amazing to be able to just talk to them and realize I am not alone. There are some great ladies who have the same "food" issues as me, and it is great to be able to swap recipes and talk about all things food and health. And there are some great homeschool girls and boys who are very much like my own, and know what it's like to be "different" by not attending public school. They are sweet, respectful, and still KIDS who love to play with friends. I was reminded of how very thankful I am that God put these people in our lives. Homeschooling is a day in, day out, never ending way of life, and it's one we would not trade for anything. But I am so thankful that God has allowed us to go through this journey with other great families who are living this calling through thick and thin. We don't see these people every week, but when we do, it's as if we have never been apart. We are able to pick up right where we left off. I am so thankful for these ladies, and I don't know what I would do without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess