Thursday, November 8, 2012

The Gratitude Project 2012 - Day 8

Here in the Deep South, it is a gorgeous day! The weather has been in the upper 50's with the sun shining. BEAUTIFUL! Today, I'm thankful for the fact that I am able to stay home with and homeschool my kids. If they went to school, and if I worked outside the home, we would miss out on days like this by having to sit inside looking at walls and artificial lighting.

As it is, my kids were out the door by 11:00AM and down in our woods playing and enjoying the day. Oh yes, we did math, spelling, and history before they took off. But for the rest of the day, they have been immersing themselves in delight directed science and nature studies. They have been soaking up the sunshine and fresh air, and enjoying the fall day that God has blessed us with.

On another note, I am glad to be able to stay home, because today I have just felt icky sicky. Fall allergies are catching up with me and I feel it all over. Sore throat, achy, coughing - the works. I am thankful that I no longer have to drag myself up to an office and muster up the strength to stick it out through the day (as I have done many times before I had kids)when I'd really rather be in bed. I'm thankful that, as my kids were enjoying time outside, I was able to rest on the couch and let my body heal itself.

 And lastly, I'm thankful that my husband was able to work from home today. Usually, he's driving all over the northern part of our state. But today was a rare treat for me. He needed to do some work on the computer, so he's been sitting in the living room working all day. It's been great to be able to pop in and talk to him in between schooling the kids, bring him breakfast and lunch without him grabbing it and running out the door, and just having him close today. Very thankful for that.

 Have you been keeping up with The Gratitude Project? What things are you thankful for this day? There are so many things all around us for which to be grateful. All you need to do is open your eyes and look around. God truly does give good gifts to His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess