Friday, October 12, 2018

Paleo Coconut Flour Waffles

It's Friday night. My two oldest have gone to hang out with friends, because now they both have JOBS and can pay for eating out on their own, and because they can both drive themselves - sadness and happiness all at the same time. Hubby is on call this week, and he ended up heading to work this evening. Supper has not been on my radar AT ALL today. Baby girl and I spent most of the day in town just hanging out together and grocery shopping. So tonight, with everybody gone different directions and me being NOT in the mood to cook anything, I pulled out our Friday night favorite - WAFFLES! They are quick. They are easy. They are delicious. And there is very little clean-up - HOORAY! 

~Now, I need to make a disclaimer here. Since I last posted about food (which was several years ago), my diet has changed exponentially. As in, you wouldn't even believe some of the crazy healthy things I now eat that I never would have considered before. And I don't really bake bread anymore, because I am completely gluten-free. I am also grain-free and dairy-free, and I limit the amount of nuts I consume. I pretty much follow a Paleo diet now. That said, if you are used to traditional glutenous foods, you may find it a little different at first. But these waffles that I'm about to show you are PHENOMENAL! Seriously! ~Disclaimer ended now....

I have been making waffles on Friday nights for the past several weeks, and I LOVE IT! It has become something to look forward to. The best part about waffles (besides the taste!) is that it can serve as kinda the base for anything you want to layer on top. Our favorites are fruit with honey or peanut butter with honey. (Honey is a must! Or syrup, I suppose, if you just don't love honey.) 

Start with a great recipe... like this one! 


Seriously, all you do is throw everything into your blender and mix it up. Easy peasy. And only one container to dirty up. 


Pour it into your waffle iron in batches.


And JUST LOOK at how lovely those things turned out! You would never realize they were made with coconut flour! 


I let the girls put whatever toppings they wanted on each of their waffles. Happy girls!


The weekends are for fun and relaxing. Sometimes I cook a lot on the weekends to get ahead for the next week, but I much prefer to take it easy and cook light or not at all. You are not a bad mom if you feed your kids waffles for supper... or cereal or toast or sandwiches or whatever. And yes, Friday night is almost over now. But let me just assure you, Saturday night waffle night is every bit as awesome as Friday night waffle night. So plan a quick, easy, and fun meal for your family this weekend. You will come out looking like the mom-superhero that you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess