Monday, October 31, 2011

The Great Awakening

Music is a key to my soul. Music says things that I can't think to say, but echo the cry of my heart. This song is one such piece of music. The Great Awakening by Leeland is a simple yet amazing song that tells exactly what I feel. Here are the words of the song.

One man wakes, awakens another
Second one wakes his next door brother
Three awake can rouse a town
And turn the whole place upside down
Many awake will cause such a fuss
 It finally awakes all of us
One man wakes with dawn in his eyes
Surely then it multiplies
Surely then it multiplies 

One thing I desire in this life is to be the one who awakens in a child the knowledge of the love of Jesus Christ. And then for that child to awaken his friend to the love of Jesus. Then for those two children to each share Jesus with another and another and another, until it turns the whole place upside down. And it will multiply on and on and on. I love to see a child wake "with dawn in his eyes" when he finally comes to understand the deep, deep love that Jesus Christ has for him. I want to be the one to share that with children. It is the deep desire of my heart. 

Check out this amazing song.


No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess