Monday, May 16, 2011

The Schoolhouse Expo is HERE!!

I am so excited, because today is the first day of the Schoolhouse Expo!! I have been waiting for a few months for this online conference, and I am so thrilled that it is finally here! A few days ago, the powers-that-be posted the schedule for the Expo, and I have already downloaded my copy and highlighted the speakers that I particularly am looking forward to hearing.

The first speaker today that I just can't wait to hear is Jessica Hulcy. She is the writer of the KONOS curriculum with which we started out our homeschooling. I have deviated from it some, because I learned how to write my own unit studies. But I always enjoy coming back to this particular curriculum. I am very excited to hear what she has to say today. This next school year, I am planning to go back to KONOS as our main focus, because it is so easy, flexible, and FUN!! You can check out the KONOS website to see all that she offers, and let me tell you, it is a LOT!

Also, I am really excited about all the door prizes that will be given away all week long. There is a long list of great things that are up for grabs, and I sure hope I win something! I rarely win anything, so I will be very surprised if I do. But one can still hope. You can see all the great prizes being offered on the Schoolhouse Expo website.

The Expo is completely sold out, so I hope you already have your ticket! But if you do not have a ticket for the live online conference, despair not! You can still purchase the mp3 version, which will be available in just a few weeks. It will have all the same great seminars, and you can listen to them over and over. Also, if you aren't able to finish a session, you can just pause it and pick up where you left off when you have time. I LOVE that about the mp3 version! So go grab a copy now!

If you are planning to attend the live Schoolhouse Expo this week, I would love to know about it. Leave me a comment here to let me know you are attending, and tell me which speaker you are most looking forward to hearing. The ones I am most looking forward to are Jessica Hulcy (KONOS), Carol Topp (micro-businesses for teenagers), Carol Barnier (What Are You THINKING - Learning Styles and Beyond), Maggie and Tyler Hogan (Mind Your Own Business - Home Based Entrepreneurship), Dianne Craft (Right brain child strategies), and then, of course, the Door Prize EXTRAVAGANZA at the end of the conference on Friday!! Your turn. Leave me a comment and tell me who you most want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess