Thursday, February 10, 2011

I GOT AN AWARD!!



WOOHOO! I found out this morning that my friend, Wendy, bestowed upon me the Stylish Blogger Award! That is SO COOL, seeing as how I rarely ever am rewarded for ANYTHING!

I met Wendy a few weeks ago when I was asked to be on the Schoolhouse EXPO Squad. She is the one that sends me all the info I need to share the great events and deals with you! After I signed up to be on the EXPO Squad, I went to check out Wendy's blog, and I found out she's my neighbor in the great state of Mississippi! That was pretty cool! So thank you, Wendy, for giving me the Stylish Blogger Award! I am THRILLED to get it!

The rules to follow for those receiving the Stylish Blogger Award are:
  1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Award 10 recently discovered great bloggers (if you don't know that many, that's OK).
  4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.
So here are 7 things about me that you may or may not know. Considering the fact that I blab my mouth all over the place all the time, my guess is that most of this won't be new to most of you! HA!

1. Homeschooling is my passion! In addition to homeschooling my own kids, I have a great passion for encouraging and teaching other homeschool moms as they try to figure out what works best for their kids.
2. I LOVE to travel, and I am a gypsy at heart. Aside from the fact that I have never flown IN MY LIFE, I really want to go visit places like Ireland, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia, the ancient Inca and Mayan ruins, the rainforest, the North and South Pole to see the lights, and many, many places in America. I wish I was completely filthy rich, so my husband didn't have to work and we could just travel and see the world together - all 6 of us. Talk about a field trip!
3. My garden is my life. Without the rich soil to dig my hands into, I would absolutely go insane.
4. Even though I gave up coffee last January, I still have moments when I REALLY would love a Starbucks! Yes, the cravings of addictions last a LONG time.
5. Two of my children are named after cheeses - one American and one French. But that was my husband's idea! Crazy man!
6. I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to have a work from home job that actually PAID MONEY and that I really was passionate about. Still trying to work that one out. I love writing articles, but not all of them are for pay, and not all are accepted. I do a lot of volunteer work and promotional things in exchange for "stuff," but I want MONEY!! (Need money to travel more!)
7. My husband is my best friend - even on days I think I might ring his neck! We met and dated for about a month, and then I quit seeing him for an entire year. Wanted nothing to do with him. Then, out of the blue, I decided to call him, we went out, dated for another 3 months, and then got engaged. Talk about a stink we stirred up with our families! This past December, we have been married for 13 years, and we have 4 great kiddos to boot. So I think, all in all, we've done pretty well. I can't imaging going through this life with anyone else. He's a hard worker, a great husband, and a wonderful daddy. And he's trying REALLY HARD to learn to be a "glass half full" kinda guy, which just thrills me to no end! Love him!!

So there you have 7 things about me that maybe you knew and maybe you didn't.

And now, for the great blogs I'm passing the award on to. ~Drum roll, please~

My good friend, Kayla, at Bristle Ridge Academy ,
My "gypsy at heart" sister in Christ, Chelita, at Shady Bayou Academy ,
My prayer partner, Jessie, at Musings of a Homeschool Mom,
A new blogger and homeschool mama friend, Michelle, at Millermommieof3 ,
My friend, Kim, who is new to homeschooling and to blogging and is at The Wickham Family Blog,
My friend from the Download-N-Go Review Team, Michelle, at Patriots of the Republic Academy
And my sweet co-op lunch partner, Linda, over at The Corcoran Family Blog!

I so hope you all will take a little time and head over to their blogs to check out all they have going on! Some are new to blogging and some are "old hands," but either way, you will enjoy reading what they have to say.

Thanks again, Wendy, for giving me the award! (I'll be signing autographs after the show...)

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored! Getting to this as soon as my week slows down! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess