Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back to the Manger

OK, so I know I'm a little behind on this post, but, hey, better late than never, right?! Back in about September, all the kids at church started practicing for the yearly Christmas musical. And when the big day arrived, they were all THRILLED - thrilled to get to perform for everyone, and thrilled that they didn't have to sing that musical one more time! HA! But seriously, they all did a great job!

And for my kiddos, this was the first year they actually had important parts. Britches is so stinkin' shy, I all but had to MAKE her do the part they needed her for. But Little Man, well, he was another story. When he was assigned his part, he ran around telling EVERYONE that he was one of the MAIN people in the play. That was sort of true. And Little Sister, she's my girl! She is a ham, and LOVED having everyone see her on stage singing. She did great, and was very disappointed that, after the musical, she wouldn't get to sing the songs anymore. (It's not like I don't have the CD, and it's not like she doesn't have them MEMORIZED! She can sing them any time she wants!) Anyway...



Here are all of my kiddos, including my kids from children's church!

For a 4 year old, Little Sister did the most amazing job learning and doing all the motions to all the songs! She really got into the musical. She is such a ham.



My sweet Britches Girl is the most shy kid EVER! She was mortified when we told her she had to be in the play and actually have a real part! But you never would have know she was scared, because she sang her little heart out and did the motions beautifully. We borrowed that adorable skirt from my mom's wonderful boss, Ms. Joy. It belongs to her granddaughter. We were very thankful she loaned it to us, because, even though I am very capable of sewing a poodle skirt, I really did not have the time. 



And there's my Little Man. He was so proud of his part, and had the lines memorized on the first day. I was so proud of him!

I was so proud of all the kids for all the very hard work they put into this Christmas musical. I was also thankful for Stephanie, Rena, and Jamie, who all worked tirelessly teaching it all to the kids. Those ladies are probably still singing those songs in their dreams. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~Dr. Suess